Community Phone Numbers:
211 - Ontario 211
- a three-digit phone number and website that provides information and referral to community and social services in Ontario.
911 - In All Cases Of Emergency
- State your name, the program’s name, address and city, the nature of the emergency and your contact phone number.
- Example: I am (your full name), an Out Of The Cold volunteer at (location) (address ) in (city). My emergency is (give details). I can be reached at (phone number).
- Non Emergency Police - 24 Hours, 519-653-7700
- Kitchener Waterloo Health Center (Grand River Hospital) - 24 Hours, 519-742-3611
- Kitchener-Waterloo Sexual Assault Support Center - 24 Hours, 519-571-0121
Mobile Crisis Team - 24 Hours, 519-744-1813.
- Services provided for 16 and older.
- Can come to OOTC to help diffuse a mental health issue.
- Provides prevention, assessment, intervention and resolutions for urgent crisis situations.
- Provides links to emergency services.
- Distress Line - Supportive Listening, 519-745-1166
- Youth Distress Line - 18 years and younger, 519-745-9909
K-W Crisis Clinic - Grand River Hospital, 24 Hours, 519-742-3611.
- Call if someone is in significant distress and in danger of hurting themselves or others.
- Kitchener Downtown Community Health Centre (KDCHC) - 97a Victoria St. N., 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, 519-745-4404 x207
- Provides replacement and health coverage, medical clinic with nurse practitioner and foot care.
ACCKWA - 105-67 King St. E., 9 am - 1 pm / 2 pm - 5 pm, Thursdays, 4 pm - 7 pm, 519-570-3687
- Including walk in anonymous testing clinic.
- For individuals at risk of HIV/AIDS.
- Offers preventions, education, needle exchange.
Sexual Assault Treatment Centre, Emergency Department, St. Mary’s, 24 hours, 519-749-6994.
- Doctors, nurses, social workers, specially trained to care for medical social and legal ne
The Working Centre (TWC) - 58 Queen St. S., 519-743-1151
- Outreach Services.
- Job search for over 18.
Oasis - 37 Market Lane, Weekdays, 7 pm - 10 pm, Thursdays, 1 pm - 4 pm, 519-744-2794
- Drop-in centre located in Kitchener’s downtown core.
- Full-time and part-time staff and volunteers nurture friendships with individuals who face daily challenges of poverty, substance abuse, and homelessness.
Anishnag Outreach - 220 Charles St. E., 519-742-0333
- Drop in for native, metis, or Inuit.
- Provides education, training, employment.